Saturday, March 05, 2011

God bless the budgie smuggler

Or perhaps God bless the cultural norms here in Australia that allow glorious gorgeous golden Aussie men to proudly wear Speedos in public without fear of ridicule or subtle photo taking for submission to Fail Blog.

And now, here are some more gems I have from people watching at the lagoon earlier today:

-A mustached man wearing shorts so minuscule I could barely see them underneath his shockingly bright retina burning orange work shirt. Excellent.
-A SUPER intense dreadlock mullet, oh my goodness.
-The Glee version of My Life Would Suck Without You was playing from the Lagoon Cafe (not really having to do with people, but it made me chuckle anyway).
-An 80-ish year old man wearing a singlet (tank top) imprinted with the words "Go hard and do drugs."
-A ridiculously blonde and long-haired Asian man (not a wig, by the way, DEFINITELY his real hair).
-A pair of Italian men in quite possibly the tiniest and tightest Speedos I've ever had the pleasure or displeasure of witnessing (I realize this may sounds like a shallow double standard about men in snug swimwear, but I don't really care. But am sorry if I offend anyone).
-A man wearing only shorts and an iPod practicing bartender tricks with a bottle and glass (I bet he was listening to a mix of the 12 songs that ALL CLUBS play so that he's used to mixing drinks to Ke$ha and "I Just Had Sex" and Enrique Iglesias).

I have come to realize that the styles of the 30 and under crowd in Australia, or at least in Cairns, appear to be an obscure and random, but somehow pleasant, collection of 90's douchebag, hipster, and urban hippie. It is fantastic, and people watching NEVER gets boring!


PS: It is now thundering and lightning-ing intensely right now, along with the utterly TORRENTIAL downpour. Exciting weather :)
________________________________________________

Song of the day: Rhythm of Love by the Plain White T's

No comments:

Post a Comment